Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reflecting Back-2 Years Cancer Free!



I started writing this post Thursday morning before the children got up, but I could not finish it. Tears started rolling, just looking back and how far things have come after cancer.

This is what I started:
I love to reflect back and look at all the wonderful things God has done for me and my family! Almost everyday I reflect back on the day I found out I had cancer. Something I will never forget! I found myself more thankful for the leaves, my long thick hair, fresh air. Majority of the time cancer is on my mind.
This week I had a CT Scan , and the days leading up to the results I am nervous and excited and look forward to seeing my doctor and catching up with him! He is the most compassionate doctor I know, and loves his job! He has the sweetest wife and three children! Yesterday (Friday) was a great! I was told my lymph nodes on my neck are shrinking, and they may never go back to normal size but that is OK him. I was going every 3 months for a scan and doctor visit, but now I get to go every 6 months!!! I graduated up in his terms! I am thankful that he has a strict plan on seeing me! 3 more years and I will be declared cancer free!

I will leave you all with this wonderful quote that I love and live by:

"You go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you. Wherever you are, God has put you there. He has a purpose in your being there. Christ who indwells you has something He wants to do through you wherever you are."Dr. Richard C. Halverson, Chaplain of U.S.Senate 
A FULL HEAD OF HAIR

Hard to imagine I had no hair at one time, Gods wonderful


1 comment:

  1. Awesome Amanda...glad to hear your checkup was good news. I love this pic of you and J. My mom went on and on about how pretty you looked when she ran into you at HL. She specifically mentioned your hair a couple of times and I had to remind her why it was so short before!!

    ReplyDelete