Friday, December 21, 2012

Not Stealing My Joy

Make up your mind today that no matter what comes your way, nothing is going to steal your joy!-Joel Olsteen

This quote is one of my favorites that I say to myself quite often now days! I am tempted to make a sign and place it in my hall. 

This quote stuck with me due to many individuals that I run into that try to be rude, snotty, or have the attitude that I am better than you. I was not raised in Bentonville, Arkansas and it is a huge adjustment coming to a town that where a lot of attitude like that. I am thankful for the small town that I was raised in, it taught me that no matter where I am to always have respect of people no matter what they look like or how they are dressed. 

One thing I keep in mind is that God has put me here for a reason in this town, but where is my small town atmosphere! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm having the same struggles with that. The way I was raised is not complying with where I am at the moment. We respected people, talked nicely, and knew the definition of "family"

    Thank God for small town and old time values.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, very thankful for our town! The respect, talked nicely and family where did it go to with some people? Pray for them that is all you can do.

      Delete