Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Linking Up-Picket Fence Mirror

On pottery barn I saw a mirror which I loved! For 499.00, there is no way I would spend that much on a mirror! Therefore, I made my own from picket fences and a mirror from Wal-Mart.

Supplies:
Mirror-4.50 at Wal-Mart
Picket Fence (3)-1.?? -Lowes
Picture Wall Bracket Hangers-1.97-Wal-Mart
Picture Wire -Wal-Mart
L-Shaped Brackets-2.97-Wal-Mart
Liquid Nails-Wal-Mart
Sample Paint-Lowes
Stain (the smallest can)-Lowes
Wood Screws-Wal-Mart
Sander
Jigsaw

  1. I measured my wood up to my mirror and cut the wood at a 45 degree angle. 
  2. Placed my L-Shaped backets in corner and screwed them on
  3. I placed Liqued Nails, and layed my mirror on. Then went around the mirror applying liquid nails. 
  4. Liquids nails are to set for 24 hours. 
  5. Next day I painted my frame a off white. Let it dry. Sanded the edges, and the wood itself. 
  6. I put gloves on, and got a old rag and dipped it in the stain a little bit. It goes a long way. Rubbed it all over, and let it set and dry. 
  7. Last I screwed the Wall Bracket Hangers, and tied on the picture wire. 
 GOOD LUCK!
All these supplies I got at Wal-Mart or already had
Wal-Mart

Smallest can they have at Lowes
Sample Paint from Lowes. The color name is Cream Delight

I should have went directly in the middle!
Laid out how I would like it
It would look pretty just stained!

Let it lay flat!

Liquid nails all around








What it looks like hung up on my wall.

 

Up close of the color! I love the old look! 







The one in the picture and setting over night tonight is for a friend. She chose the same color, but I do plan to do a black rustic with a yellow batman symbol for my sons room, and will post that soon!

Have fun!

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Beyond the Picket Fence. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-5.html Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would love to! Thank You again! I hope you have a great night!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome!!! You are so blessed with lots of creativity!! I Love It!!! You must post this to pinterest Amanda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You so much!!! I love doing lots of stuff like this, and hope you have making one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the Pottery Barn Style with a friendly budget.
    I might have to try this!
    Thanks for sharing
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Deb! Go for it, you will make it look beautiful!! Look forward to seeing pictures! Your welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love liquid nails!! that's the way to go!! great looking mirror

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You so much Daniela!!

    Your welcome Kathryn it is always fun to share with others and help them and give ideas! Have a great week as well!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete